How to Make Achar Gosht
Traditional cooking is very appetizing because it has lots of flavors and gravy, which give it a spicy and sour taste. Before making any traditional dish, you must know the complete recipe so that you can make it well in taste and presentation.
Achar Gosht is very delicious in taste and easy to make. You can make it on any occasion, either on Eid or for a dinner party, or you can also make it on normal days. You must have the whole ingredients to make the perfect dish. It can be made of chicken, beef, or mutton, the process is the same for all; you only need to cook the meat well, of any kind.
You can try a practical-based culinary course and make yourself a professional cook.
So let’s get started and learn which ingredients are best to use in this recipe to make it more delicious and yummy to eat.
The Ingredients Used in Making Achar Gosht
There are the following ingredients used in this recipe: make sure you have all the ingredients at home or buy them from the shop before making the dish so that the taste develops. It includes;
• 500 g (chicken, goat, or lamb meat)
• 1 large onion (chopped)
• 2 medium tomatoes, pureed
• 1/2 cup yogurt
• 1 tsp. ginger paste
• 1 tsp. garlic paste
• 1/4 cup cooking oil
• 4 whole green chilies
Coriander or cilantro for garnish
For the spices, you need all these to create the taste in the dish, which includes:
• 1 tsp. fennel seeds
• 1 tsp. Nigella Seeds
• 1 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
• 1 tsp. mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 ½ tsp. salt
• 112 tsp red chili powder
• 14 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp. coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Bring all the ingredients to your cooking table so there is no hassle in making the dish. Do the cutting process before starting the dish. So it will be easy to add up all the things on time, so there will be no chance to burn up the dish.
The main ingredient for Achar Gosht
These are the main ingredients that must be used in the dish to develop the taste and create the gravy, which is the main component of this dish. For this, we need:
• Meat: You can use chicken, goat meat, or lamb to make the dish tasty.
• Onions, ginger, and garlic: you need to finely chop all the ingredients that give the flavors to the dish by mixing them in with the rest of the ingredients.
• Tomato purée: make a fine paste of tomatoes by blending them well, or just boil them before adding them to the dish, peel off their skin, and then add the tomatoes. Some people don’t like the skin of tomatoes, so this will be a good thing to do to mix them in the dish.
• Green Chilies: chilies give the dish a spicy taste and also a good smell.
• Yogurt: This is used to thicken the gravy, so use plain yogurt that mixes well, and the curry will be prepared with a full taste when it mixes with other ingredients.
• Spices: From the spices, you can add regular spices like chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder. Then some spices give a pickle (Achar) flavor. You can add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, and fennel seeds.
• These are just ingredients that you need to add to the dish to get flavorful cooking.
• Now let’s look at the process of how we can make the dish step by step because following the steps is necessary to make it a perfectly delicious dish to eat.
How to Prepare Achar Gosht:
• To know how to make it perfect, just follow the steps very carefully, and your dish will be full of taste at the end. It includes;
• First, take whatever chicken meat you want and make the achar gosht or properly wash it.
• After washing the meat, cut it into pieces that are easily eaten.
• Now take a pressure cooker. If you use meat or lamb, it will take time to be cooked perfectly. Or if you are taking a chicken, you don’t need to use the pressure cooker; you can make the dish in the cooking pan as well.
• Now that you have all the ingredients chopped and well-mashed, add them all one by one.
• First, add oil and give it a little heat, then add onions to make them light golden. Now add ginger and garlic paste and tomatoes to sauté for a minute.
• Now add the meat and sauté them for a bit, then add all the spices in it and mix well. Now cover with the lid and let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes on medium flame, so that the water can evaporate and all the ingredients can mix with the chicken.
• In between, check the chicken from time to time. When you think the meat is cooking, add the yogurt and a little bit of oil as well, and wait until the oil separates from the yogurt.
• After that, stir the gravy well so it will develop a good taste and smell.
• Now add the chilies and garam masala and give it another 5 minutes by covering the lid, and then your dish is ready to taste.
• At the end, when you serve the dish, you can add up coriander leaves or ginger slices as a garnish.
• can also take a cooking course to learn more about how to make the Achar Gosht dish according to the recipe.
This recipe is so modest that a person new to cooking can also make it smooth. Boys who are typically not used to cooking don't need to appeal, bring the ingredients themselves, and come out with a sizzling Achar Gosht in their hands.