Ingredients Used In Vegetable Pulao Recipe
This one-vessel dish made with aromatic rice and interesting, healthy vegetables has been flavored with basil, giving it a slightly scented flavor. Pulao is comfort food at its best, and I make it when I want to cook somewhat quickly, easily, and sustainably.
You can take cooking & Baking classes to learn how to make vegetable pulao and better understand the ingredients.
How to make Veg Pulao Recipe
• Begin by cleaning 1.5 cups of rice in water until it runs clear of the stiffener. Next, steep the rice in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes.
• After 20 to 30 minutes, rinse the rice with all the water and keep it sideways.
• While the rice is soaking, prep the veggies. Wash and cut them. Make sure to slice the vegetables into small chops.
• Keep all the flavors aside. From the under-listed spices, you can skip black peppercorns, black cardamom, star anise, and mace.
Add roughly sliced ginger, garlic, and 1 to 2 green chilies. Crush to a paste
Make Vegetable Pulao
• Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a deep, thick-bottomed pot or saucepan. Once the ghee has heated, add all the whole spices listed below.
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (jeera)
• 5 to 6 black peppercorns (optional)
• 1 tej patta (bay leaf)
• 4 cloves
• 3 to 4 green cardamoms
• 1 black cardamom pod, optional
• 1 small piece of mace, optional
• 1 small star anise, optional
• 1 inch of cinnamon
• 1 small piece of stone flower, optional
Fry for a few seconds until they become aromatic. Add 1 cup of finely sliced onions. Mix the onions with the ghee and begin to cook them on low to medium heat until they are golden.
• Add the crushed ginger, garlic, and green chili (chili) paste. Stir and pan-fry for some seconds. Add 12 cups of chopped tomatoes. Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
• Now add all the mixed vegetables. Also, add 13 cups of green peas (fresh or frozen).
• Mix and sauté again for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat. Now add the sodden rice. Mix rice mildly with the rest of the ingredients. Pour 2.5 to 3 cups of water into the pan.
• Depending on the quality of rice you have used, you can add less or more water. Add ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice.
• Flavor with salt. Mix very well. To figure out if you have added the right quantity of salt, check the taste of the water. You should feel some saltiness in the water
Stir and tightly cover the pot or pan with its lid, and cook the rice until all the water is absorbed. Cook on low to medium heat. Check a few times during cooking to certify there is enough water. Depending on the quality of the rice, you may need to add more water. With a fork, you can also lightly stir the rice without floundering the rice particles.
Once the rice grains are cooked, cover them and let the rice stand for 5 minutes, covered with the lid. Serve vegetable pulao embellished with coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onions, fried cashews, or fried raisins.
You can take cooking classes to better understand how to cook it well and make it tasty to eat.
You can use the above method for cooking pulao, but just remember to add the correct quantity of water. For example, in an electric cooker, you will need to add more water, and in a pressure cooker, you will need to add less water.